Convoys through the Waioweka Gorge will resume this afternoon following a minor slip which closed the route again yesterday.
NZ Transport Agency Waka Kotahi (NZTA) said the convoys would resume from 1pm.
“There may be a slight delay to the Ōpōtiki-bound 1pm convoy while the team finish installing barriers,” it said.
NZTA said rope access teams checked the new slip slope again this morning and traffic management crews had been putting barriers in place to keep convoys safe.
Scheduled convoy times February 18
Ōpōtiki-bound:
Start point: Matawai (Te Wera Rd intersection)
Departing at: 1pm, 7pm
Gisborne-bound
Start point: Goldsmith Reserve
Departing at: 5pm
“State Highway 2 through the Waioweka Gorge is still fragile and convoys could get cancelled at very short notice. Convoys are for essential travel only and will only proceed if safe to do so,” NZTA said.
“Please adhere to the direction of the crew on the ground at all times.
The full daily convoy schedule from 7am will resume tomorrow.



0 comments
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to make a comment.