The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment is seeking Expressions of Interest for co-chairs to lead the Bay of Plenty Regional Skills Leadership Group - RSLG.
The RSLGs were formed in June 2020 to identify and support better ways to meet future skills and workforce needs in our regions.
They are part of a joined-up approach to labour market planning, which will see our workforce, education and immigration systems work together to meet the differing skill needs across the country.
Functioning independently, the groups are regionally based and led, and are supported by a team of data analysts, advisors and workforce specialists from MBIE.
Members are regional industry leaders, economic development agencies, iwi, worker and government representatives, who contribute their knowledge and local expertise. You can learn more here.
Each RSLG will have two co-chairs, one nominated through the EOI process and the other nominated by iwi.
If you wish to submit an EOI, MBIE will assess candidates on the following criteria:
- Experience chairing diverse groups that have preferably delivered on specific government or ministerial expectations
- An understanding of the distinct interests of iwi/hapū and Māori in the region
- A record of sound judgement and integrity
- The ability to take a region-wide view and demonstrate a good understanding of regional labour market skills, training and employment needs
- The ability to operate at a strategic level and in a collaborative manner
- Effective stakeholder engagement experience, including relationships with industry groups, employers, iwi/hapū, community and local authorities
- Evidence of strong regional connections across economic and social sectors
- The ability to consider inter-regional relationships
- In-depth knowledge of some aspects of the regional labour market.
Applications for the EOI for co-chairs of the RSLGs close on Sunday March 7 2021 at 5pm.
Co-chair candidates will be identified through an open sourcing process and appointed by the Cabinet Appointment and Honours Committee - APH. Anyone interested in being a RSLG co-chair will need to apply through the MBIE board appointments web page. Co-chairs will be appointed by June 2021 following an interview process and approval from APH.
For more information contact the Bay of Plenty RSLG regional lead Jason Chand by email: email@example.com or phone: 021 861 521.