LIVE: Confirmed number of COVID-19 cases increases

Director-General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield.

UPDATE: While there are no new cases of COVID-19 in New Zealand, the total number of confirmed cases has now increased by four.

Director-General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield says the four cases are of people who arrived back in New Zealand in April.

He says they originally tested positive in Uruguary and to avoid being double counted by the WHO, New Zealand was waiting to hear if they had been reported or not.

Ashley says they have since been told that Uruguay has not reported the cases under their country, so they are now being reported under New Zealand total confirmed tally.

The current number of confirmed New Zealand cases is now 1153. This is the number of cases reported to the WHO each day.

"All four of the cases reported today have since recovered from the virus.

With the addition of the four historic cases, the total number of confirmed and probable cases has increased from 1499 to 1503.

"96 per cent of the total cases are now recovered. That's 1442. Nine more than yesterday.

"There are still two people in hospital. One in Auckland City and one in Middlemore Hospital. Neither are in ICU."

There are no additional deaths to report.

Yesterday, 3125 test were carried out. The total number of test to date is now at 233,843.

EARLIER:

Director-General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield will be giving the latest update on the COVID-19 situation in New Zealand.

He will be live from Wellington for the All of Government COVID-19 National Response at 1pm.

SunLive will be providing updates throughout the afternoon for those who miss the livestream.

What we know so far

The Director-General of Health reported zero new case of COVID-19 on Monday.

Ashley says with no new cases on Monday, the total number of confirmed and probable cases remains at 1499.

He says the total number of confirmed cases is at 1149. This is the number that is reported to the WHO each day.

There are no additional deaths to report.

There is no change to the number of people who have recovered from COVID-19. The number remains at 1433 or 96 per cent of the total number of cases in New Zealand.

Ashley says two people remain in hospital.

He says one is in Auckland City Hospital and the other is in Middlemore Hospital.

Neither of the cases are in ICU.

Laboratories carried out a total number of 2570 tests yesterday.

A total number of 230,718 tests have been carried out to date.




You may also like...

0 Comments

There are no comments on this article.

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to make a comment. Login Now