Exploding power box caught on camera

The exploding power box. Photos: Cameron Avery.

Sparks were seen flying into the air when a power box in Gate Pa exploded.

Firefighters were called to the explosion on Coopers Road around 7.30pm.

A reporter at the scene says quite a few neighbours had come out to see what was happening.

“It was exploding. There was quite a lot of loud bangs and flashes, pretty impressive.”

Firefighters contained the explosion and subsequent fire and waited for power contractors to arrive at the scene.


0 Comments

There are no comments on this article.

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to make a comment. Login Now
Opinion Poll

What do you think about businesses rejecting people’s job applications if they have tattoos?

I think it’s fine. Companies should be able to do what is right for their business.
They shouldn’t be able to discriminate someone for having tattoos.
I guess it depends where the tattoo is.

VOTE
VIEW RESULTS