Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency Bay of Plenty System Manager Roger Brady says while Waka Kotahi aims to provide as much notice as possible of any disruptions, these dates are not set in stone.
“Sometimes we need to postpone works, often at short notice.
“We understand people plan their journeys based on the information we provide and try to keep this as up to date as possible.
“Unfortunately, postponement of works is unavoidable in some cases, most often due to weather,” says Roger.
People can visit the Waka Kotahi Waikato and Bay of Plenty Facebook page to be informed of any major updates.
This is what people can expect to see on your journey between Waihī and Tauranga next week:
• Athenree Road to Tanners Point Road – road widening works continue throughout the week. Expect minor delays of one to two minutes.
• Tanners Point Road to Kauri Point Road – power and watermain relocations are underway, with expected completion at the end of November. Expect minor delays of one to two minutes.
• Rea Road / Tetley Road intersection – preparation works for a roundabout are ongoing. Expect minor delays of one to two minutes.
• Sharp Road to Sargent Drive – road widening, earthworks, drainage, barrier construction and service relocation works continue throughout the week. Expect minor delays of one to two minutes.
• Cambridge Road / Moffat Road – surveying works will see a southbound shoulder closure in place. This is not anticipated to impact traffic.
Rescheduled night maintenance works for the week beginning Monday 15 November 15 between 7pm and 5am:
• Monday November 15 – Old Tauranga Road to Mathers Road
• Tuesday November 16 – Kauri Point Road to Stokes Road
• Wednesday November 17 – Wainui South Road to Pahoia Road
“Please continue to drive safely, especially through worksites. We want to keep everyone safe, including our road workers. Please slow down, leave space and be patient,” says Roger.
Plan ahead for a safe, enjoyable journey. Keep up to date with:
· COVID-19 services update: nzta.govt.nz/COVID19
· Traffic updates: journeys.nzta.govt.nz/traffic