Sorry, your browser is too old to view this website.

Click Here To See How To Update or

Visit our basic site

Sunday, August 02, 2015

SunLive - The Bay's news first
LATEST
TRENDING

OPINION POLL

Now that they’ve finally been unveiled on Tauranga’s waterfront, what do you think of the bronze Hairy Maclary sculptures?

Amazing! They look great and bring character to The Strand.
I suppose they are okay if you are a kid or a tourist.
They are a complete waste of space and money.
I genuinely do not care.
VOTE
RESULTS

Home >> Police Beat >>

Gas bottle explodes, injures boy

Posted at 7:36am Tuesday 29 Jan, 2013

An 11-year-old Motueka boy is in Nelson Hospital after a gas bottle exploded burning his upper body.

He was airlifted to hospital last night by the Nelson Marlborough Rescue Helicopter.

A spokesperson for the rescue helicopter says the gas bottle was being used with a barbecue he was cooking when it exploded on him.

He was treated by the on-board intensive care paramedic and flown from Kateriteri to Nelson Hospital.

Source: Nelson Marlborough Rescue Helicopter.


COMMENTS

There are no comments on this article.

Post a Comment

You must be logged in to make a comment.

LOGIN NOW

BAY TODAY


What can you see in this banana? Photo by Graham Woodhead. Send us your photos and stories from around the Bay of Plenty.  Email: photos@thesun.co.nz