- Hairy Mcclary vid to raise support
- Riding from Matata to Rotorua
- School celebrates 100 years
- Calls for fatal free weekend
- What’s on Today? Crossfit
- Patrol season underway
- Second Bay defeat for Black Caps
- Bay cops help in shooting case
- School looks to grow industry
- Public plea for wanted man
- Wait goes on for Mount bar
- Peace Run heads to Tauranga
- $750K of synthetic drugs seized
- Biggest NZ security effort since 9/11
- Calls to arm police full-time
- Mount search unsuccessful
- Last ride for smashed car
- Man dies in Welcome Bay crash
- Risky driving caught on film
- Parents' plea for "precious boy" Jack
- Armed police cordon at Mount
- Man killed in crash named
- Tourists robbed at McLaren Falls
- Severe weather warning for EBOP
- Traffic delays after city crash
- No Tauriko special housing area
- Secret agent mum from Matua
- The changing trends of tattoos
- Driver praised after boy hit
- International flights a no go
ATTENTION SPORT AND LEISURE CLUBS - This page is designated for weekly SPORTS DRAWS.
For inclusion in this column, only e-mail is accepted, with a deadline of 4pm each Tuesday to firstname.lastname@example.org in WORD FORMAT (NO GRIDS/ TABLES, TABS OR EXCEL). Enquiries regarding draws can be made at Sport Bay of Plenty on Phone 07 578 0016. The hotline website is http://www.hotline.co.nz - please check this for draw details.
DRAW INFORMATION: For further information on Sports draws and results please phone the Info Hotline 07 578 3626.
Freestyle BMX Club - BMX Inc have a club night every Tuesday night. We meet at 17th Ave Skate Park at 4:30pm. A decision is then made as to what skate park we will go to. Participants must be 11 years or older to join the club. Helmets are compulsory and you should bring money for fish and chips. Check us out on facebook. Key word BMX Inc. For more info phone Paul on 027 742 1756 or 021 916 571.
Tauranga BMX Club - Club Winter Days - will resume from Sunday 8th June 2014 and will run fortnightly. Registration from 1:15pm - 1:45pm. Racing starts at 2.00pm.
Sprocket Training (7 and unders) and any other newbie riders 9 and under. Sprocket training will run every Sunday from 8th June right through winter, starting at 12:30pm weather dependant. Phone 027 544 2121 Website: www.taurangabmx.co.nz
Mount Maunganui RSA Chess Club - Meet every Monday night at Mount Maunganui R.S.A. Juniors (6:00pm – 7:30pm), seniors (7:00pm – 10:00pm). Contact Noel Pinic on 579 5412.
Omokoroa Golf Club - Saturday 20th Men's Matchplay Championship - Semi-final Saturday 27th Men's Club Day
Sunday 28th - Club Championship Final Day (for all Club Matchplay sections)
Bethlehem Indoor Bowls - Mondays 7:30pm at the Bethlehem Hall. People of all ages welcome. For more information contact Maxine 578 2481 or Wendy 578 2585.
Fire brigade Indoor Bowls – Monday 22nd September, Club visit to Citz club, note new start time 7pm. Phone Sharon Hook 543 3929.
GatePa Indoor Bowls – Wednesday 24th September, Box Drawn Pairs (Norris Shield) 7.30pm names in book. Contact Dave Crockett 543 3394.
South City Indoor Bowls Club – Tuesday 23rd September, Box Drawn Triples (Loughnan Cup) Contact Mary Bieleski 541 0687.
Tauranga Senior Citizens Club - Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday at 1pm. Names in by 12:45pm please. Everyone welcome. Coaching Saturday. Join in the fun. Phone club daily. 578 7534 after 12:30pm any day.
Te Puna Indoor Bowling Club - Every Monday 7:15pm at the Te Puna Memorial hall. For more information phone Ian 579 3024.
Welcome Bay Indoor Bowling Club - Mondays, names in by 7:15pm. Welcome Bay Hall. New members welcome. Come along and give bowls a go. Coaching available. Phone Jill 544 1941.
Kaimai Ramblers Tramping Group - Wednesday 24th Septepmber From Maratoto valley up the historic wires track to open tops & return – Paeroa area. 8am departure, Carpark at Te Puna Hall Easy-Mod S/C (14km)
Pack ‘n' Boots – Sunday 21st September Luck at Last Mine 7km north of Whangamata (Forestry operations permitting or alternatives near Whangamata). Departs Bethlehem 7.30am. Phone Tom 572 2011
Tauranga Mid-Week Tramping Group - Wednesday Sept 24. Otanewainuku Logging Rd. Longer option available. Grade easy, approximately 5.5 hours. Phone Pat 5440670 or Rogan 021 2048660.
Tauranga Tramping Club-Hikoi Group – Wednesday 24th September, Katikati Haiku – Uretara and Chooks Beach Walk. Easy $10 Meet at Queen Elizabeth Youth Centre 11th Ave. 8.30am start. Please ring Jean 5788785 or Shirley 5786559 www.ttc.gen.nz