- NH90 takes over key helicopter
- Brooke Fraser cancels NZ tour
- Summer vibes, roots reggae styles
- Drowning: a preventable killer
- PHOTOS: BOP Junior Championships
- Beach water quality data now online
- Blackcaps squad announced
- Hunter airlifted from Lake Tarawera
- Helping the children at Christmas
- Family’s plight for brave boy
- What's on Today? Surf Lifesaving
- Electric car visits Tauranga
- Man killed in motocycle crash
- A Kiwi sound like no other
- Local acts in Battle of Bands final
- Arrest made in Bayfair mugging
- Man killed in motocycle crash
- Murder accused denies guilt
- Two charged over Tauranga murder
- What on earth was he thinking?
- Rain causes flooding and washouts
- Bay police help in $6M drug bust
- Severe weather warning issued
- Police apologise after 'Irish' mix up
- Shooter jailed for manslaughter
- Activists unveil Bridges billboard
- Council staff sent home
- Police hunt wanted men
- Rhyhan’s ‘a hero’
- Car rolls at Pyes Pa
ATTENTION SPORT AND LEISURE CLUBS - This page is designated for weekly SPORTS DRAWS.
For inclusion in this column, only e-mail is accepted, with a deadline of 4pm each Tuesday to firstname.lastname@example.org in WORD FORMAT (NO GRIDS/ TABLES, TABS OR EXCEL). Enquiries regarding draws can be made at Sport Bay of Plenty on Phone 07 578 0016. The hotline website is http://www.hotline.co.nz - please check this for draw details.
DRAW INFORMATION: For further information on Sports draws and results please phone the Info Hotline 07 578 3626.
Freestyle BMX Club - BMX Inc have a club night every Tuesday night. We meet at 17th Ave Skate Park at 4:30pm. A decision is then made as to what skate park we will go to. Participants must be 11 years or older to join the club. Helmets are compulsory and you should bring money for fish and chips. Check us out on facebook. Key word BMX Inc. For more info phone Paul on 027 742 1756 or 021 916 571.
Mount Maunganui RSA Chess Club - Meet every Monday night at Mount Maunganui R.S.A. Juniors (6:00pm – 7:30pm), seniors (7:00pm – 10:00pm). Contact Noel Pinic on 579 5412.
Bethlehem Indoor Bowls - Mondays 7:30pm at the Bethlehem Hall. People of all ages welcome. For more information contact Maxine 578 2481 or Wendy 578 2585.
Tauranga Senior Citizens Club - Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday at 1pm. Names in by 12:45pm please. Everyone welcome. Coaching Saturday. Join in the fun. Phone club daily. 578 7534 after 12:30pm any day.
Te Puna Indoor Bowling Club - Every Monday 7:15pm at the TePuna Memorial hall. For more information phone Ian 579 3024.
Welcome Bay Indoor Bowling Club - Mondays, names in by 7:15pm. Welcome Bay Hall. New members welcome. Come along and give bowls a go. Coaching available. Phone Jill 544 1941.
Pack N Boots Tramping Group – Sunday 21st December – Waihi Walks and Swims. Depart Bethlehem 8am. Leader Jim. Phone 07 3048874 Travel $9.00
Sunday 11th January – Houmunga Bay Departs Bethlehem 8am Leader Evie 542 1199 or Brian 576 5933. Bring Togs Travel $9.00
Tauranga Tramping Hikoi Group – Thursday 8th January. Mangarewa Gorge, Pyes Pa. Long River Crossing. Bring old socks to put over boots. MED $12. Meet at QE2 Youth Centre, 11th Ave 8.30am. Please call Jean 5788785 or Shirley 5786559