A 46-year-old woman is in Tauranga Hospital receiving treatment for minor burns and smoke inhalation.
The woman was injured when her one bedroom home in Whakamarama caught fire around 7.20 last night.
A St John Paramedic spokesperson says the woman was treated for minor burns and smoke inhalation at the scene before being transported to Tauranga Hospital.
Northern Fire Communication s shift manager Steve Smith says when brigades arrived the single dwelling was “well involved”.
He says both the power and gas company was called to isolate the supply to the house and water to put out the fire was used from a nearby swimming pool.
“It appears to have been a fire in the bedroom of the house. The Fire Safety Officer will be back at the house today to complete a scene examination.”