An old and disused fan sparked a fire in the ceiling of a Pyes Pa home earlier today.
Firefighters were called to a property on Pyes Pa Road near the cemetery just after midnight where the owner inadvertently turned on the fan causing it to catch fire in the ceiling of the house.
Greerton station officer Richard Moreland says the owner used a garden hose to put out the fire, which was only smouldering by the time the brigade reached the property.
“The Expelaire hadn’t been used for years and was switched on inadvertently,” says Richard.
No one was injured in the incident.