No kerbside collections this New Year's

Residents should be advised there will be no kerbside collections on Christmas Day or New Year’s Day. File photo.

Tauranga City Council is alerting residents to the fact there will be no kerbside rubbish and recycling collections on New Year's Day (Monday, January 1, 2018).

Residents whose usual collection falls on this day are advised to put their bins/bags out two days earlier.

“Instead of putting bins/bags out on New Year's Day, please put them out Saturday, December 30, 2017 for collection.”

For more information about this and other public holiday operations/opening hours, visit www.tauranga.govt.nz/holidays

At least Council let us know

Posted on 26-12-2017 10:37 | By Johnney

My provider did nothing to inform me. This whole rubbish collection is a dogs breakfast. I will cancel next year when my provider will no longer accept bottles.

Alex

Posted on 25-12-2017 00:51 | By Damien

We were advised by mail 3 weeks ago via a small note in the letterbox. Empty bins for the visitors at xmas and the hangers on at new years...too easy.

Rubbish collections

Posted on 24-12-2017 12:57 | By joan king

Why are council advising, as far as i am aware they dont provide any collection services. I thought they were all privately owned.

Rubbish

Posted on 24-12-2017 12:27 | By waiknot

Isnt this private contractors not councils job.

when

Posted on 24-12-2017 12:26 | By Captain Sensible

When are we having the inorganic collection? Been waiting for years.

Rubbish collection

Posted on 24-12-2017 10:31 | By Gloria Cooke

Shouldn't the Council have advised residents earlier in the week re the change to Monday rubbish collections for Xmas & New Year. A small note in the the letter boxes of those who are affected by this change would have been appreciated.