- New look for old hall
- Boaties warned to keep it clean
- Council development challenged
- Ta moko exhibition on display
- Buying tractors online ‘risky'
- Kiwifruit craziness in Te Puke
- Location blamed for cancellation
- Five teens accused of sexual assault
- Bay sees record asking house prices
- Pregnant woman struck by car
- Career boost for Tauranga man
- Imported berries Hepatitis A warning
- Poached paua may be poisonous
- Inaugural undie ride hits Tauranga
- Weather-activated speed signs go live
- VIDEO: Family's home invasion horror
- Update: Takitimu Drive Open after crash
- Truck carrying concrete walls overturns
- Tauranga tenants feeling the heat
- Elderly woman was driving wrong way
- Thunderstorms on the cards
- Car crashes into power pole
- Crash reported on Maunganui Rd
- Fatal truck crash near Kawerau
- Hair dye disaster warning
- Tree blocks road in central Te Puke
- Crash cuts power in Welcome Bay
- Man pours petrol through home
- Teenager killed in truck crash
- Bay officers seize illegal paua
November 2013 warmest on record
with John Maunder
During November 2013 Tauranga had its warmest November since records began in 1913.
Temperatures have been recorded in the Tauranga area at several sites in the last 100 years, including the current Tauranga Airport site from June 1990.
The graph shows details of the average daily maximum temperatures (called simply ‘afternoon') for Tauranga for Novembers from 1913-2013.
The long-term average afternoon temperature in November for Tauranga is 20.1 degrees Celsius, ranging from the cool November months of 1976 (18.4 degrees Celsius), and 1941 (18.5 degrees Celsius), to the warm November months of 2013 (22.3 degrees Celsius), and 1954 (22 degrees Celsius).
The graph of the average afternoon temperatures for November shows generally normal variations from November to November during the last 100 years, but of note are the three warm Novembers in the years 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2013.
The average November afternoon temperature during the 50 years from 1963 to 2011 of 20.1 degrees Celsius, is nearly the same as the 20 degrees Celsius recorded in the 50 years 1914 to 1961.
From 1913 to 2013, there have been 15 November months with an average afternoon temperature of 21 degrees Celsius or more, and seven November months with an average afternoon temperature of less than 19.0 degrees Celsius.
The seventh warmest November months (in terms of afternoon temperatures), on record, in chronological order, are 1945, 1954, 1961, 1982, 2010, 2011, and 2013.
By contrast, the seventh coolest November months (in terms of afternoon temperatures), on record, in chronological order, are 1918, 1930, 1946, 1968, 1976, 1991, and 1985.
For further details, see: https://sites.google.com/site/climatediceandthebutterfly/
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- Putting one foot in front of the other
- Grinch Devoy takes a crack at Christmas
- Goat tracks, stairs – and nightmares
- The Southern Oscillation Index (SOI)
- Pamper your woman
- In it for the long haul
- Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide
- More gloating in the euphoria
- Tauranga October Average Afternoon Temperatures: 1913-2015
- Eating whales – it’s a choice, isn’t it?
- Protest placards we’d like to see
- Tauranga October Rainfalls 1898-2015
- A gentleman will walk, but never run
- Putting a rocket up the politicians
- Global Monthly Temperatures January 1979 to September 2015