- Boat sinks, one man missing
- Police hunting dangerous fugitive
- Power out at the Mount
- Smoke and tears at Village Radio
- Team effort for new homes
- Artist’s landscapes focus of talk
- Boost in cruise shuttle popularity
- Death renews calls for bypass
- Anti-mining protest in Paeroa
- Rio selection spurs Morrow
- Scrub fires near Daisy Hardwick
- Health targets on track: Minister
- Rudd's moment in court
- Phil Rudd back in court
- Katikati scooter victim dies
- Body identified as Stephen Tracey
- Body found on Mount
- Emergency closes Mount tracks
- 'Toxic' fire in Papamoa
- Woman hit by truck
- Petitioning for change
- Bridge fire arson claim
- Driver injured in Tauriko two-car collision
- Police confirm arson link
- Armed callout in Kaimai Range
- Rudd's moment in court
- Baby injured after car hits tree
- Police appeal for wanted man
- Mother’s financial bus burden
- Five crashes in 24 hours
November 2013 warmest on record
with John Maunder
During November 2013 Tauranga had its warmest November since records began in 1913.
Temperatures have been recorded in the Tauranga area at several sites in the last 100 years, including the current Tauranga Airport site from June 1990.
The graph shows details of the average daily maximum temperatures (called simply ‘afternoon') for Tauranga for Novembers from 1913-2013.
The long-term average afternoon temperature in November for Tauranga is 20.1 degrees Celsius, ranging from the cool November months of 1976 (18.4 degrees Celsius), and 1941 (18.5 degrees Celsius), to the warm November months of 2013 (22.3 degrees Celsius), and 1954 (22 degrees Celsius).
The graph of the average afternoon temperatures for November shows generally normal variations from November to November during the last 100 years, but of note are the three warm Novembers in the years 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2013.
The average November afternoon temperature during the 50 years from 1963 to 2011 of 20.1 degrees Celsius, is nearly the same as the 20 degrees Celsius recorded in the 50 years 1914 to 1961.
From 1913 to 2013, there have been 15 November months with an average afternoon temperature of 21 degrees Celsius or more, and seven November months with an average afternoon temperature of less than 19.0 degrees Celsius.
The seventh warmest November months (in terms of afternoon temperatures), on record, in chronological order, are 1945, 1954, 1961, 1982, 2010, 2011, and 2013.
By contrast, the seventh coolest November months (in terms of afternoon temperatures), on record, in chronological order, are 1918, 1930, 1946, 1968, 1976, 1991, and 1985.
For further details, see: https://sites.google.com/site/climatediceandthebutterfly/
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- Misconduct or madness?
- There’s beauty in decay
- Homeland security issues
- Tauranga: October Rainfalls 1898-2014
- Mastering a mud-filled art
- Global Monthly Temperatures: January 1979 - August 2014
- Skinny love - Support network for sacked mannequins
- Tauranga’s September average afternoon temperatures: 1913-2014
- A rash of curious ailments
- Tauranga: September Rainfalls 1898-2014
- Ailment of the week: Viking Finger
- UN Climate Summit 2014
- Promoting freedom of expression... and lingerie as projectiles
- Is Global Warming taking a break?
- MegaFatload: Control+Alt+Delete - Bring on the extradition