- Electric car visits Tauranga
- Man killed in motocycle crash
- A Kiwi sound like no other
- Local acts in Battle of Bands final
- Beattie wins Mount Monster
- Watch issued for rain bursts
- Rhyhan’s ‘a hero’
- Monster classic at The Mount
- Convicted paedophile’s appeal dismissed
- Bay fourth in ND cricket tournament
- Bay nippers to get competitive
- Deaf but so very, very happy
- Toxic shellfish warning extended
- Weekend road closures
- Navy recognises top Bay performers
- Teen attempts to save drowning man's life
- Arrest made in Bayfair mugging
- SH2 crash: patients stable
- Murder accused denies guilt
- Two charged over Tauranga murder
- What on earth was he thinking?
- Man killed in motocycle crash
- Rain causes flooding and washouts
- Man's body recovered after drowning
- Burglary’s emotional cost
- Kaimai delays, Karapiro fatal
- Severe weather warning issued
- Bay police help in $6M drug bust
- Police apologise after 'Irish' mix up
- Man injured after car rolls
November 2013 warmest on record
with John Maunder
During November 2013 Tauranga had its warmest November since records began in 1913.
Temperatures have been recorded in the Tauranga area at several sites in the last 100 years, including the current Tauranga Airport site from June 1990.
The graph shows details of the average daily maximum temperatures (called simply ‘afternoon') for Tauranga for Novembers from 1913-2013.
The long-term average afternoon temperature in November for Tauranga is 20.1 degrees Celsius, ranging from the cool November months of 1976 (18.4 degrees Celsius), and 1941 (18.5 degrees Celsius), to the warm November months of 2013 (22.3 degrees Celsius), and 1954 (22 degrees Celsius).
The graph of the average afternoon temperatures for November shows generally normal variations from November to November during the last 100 years, but of note are the three warm Novembers in the years 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2013.
The average November afternoon temperature during the 50 years from 1963 to 2011 of 20.1 degrees Celsius, is nearly the same as the 20 degrees Celsius recorded in the 50 years 1914 to 1961.
From 1913 to 2013, there have been 15 November months with an average afternoon temperature of 21 degrees Celsius or more, and seven November months with an average afternoon temperature of less than 19.0 degrees Celsius.
The seventh warmest November months (in terms of afternoon temperatures), on record, in chronological order, are 1945, 1954, 1961, 1982, 2010, 2011, and 2013.
By contrast, the seventh coolest November months (in terms of afternoon temperatures), on record, in chronological order, are 1918, 1930, 1946, 1968, 1976, 1991, and 1985.
For further details, see: https://sites.google.com/site/climatediceandthebutterfly/
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- Crackers and crackpots
- Local radio? Yeah, right
- Lawns, wages and housing areas
- Council’s final week of 2014
- Going nutty this Christmas
- Enjoy a lovely Christmas passionate people
- ’Tis the season of joyful Christmas messages
- What we’ve learnt this week, part two
- Things we’ve learned this week
- Misconduct or madness?
- There’s beauty in decay
- Homeland security issues
- Tauranga: October Rainfalls 1898-2014
- Mastering a mud-filled art
- Global Monthly Temperatures: January 1979 - August 2014