- New lead in bank robbery case
- Arrest in tourist robbery case
- Programme that's changing lives
- Police target impaired drivers
- Young cricket fan pitches in
- Driver praised after boy hit
- Bay kayaker eyes the Olympics
- Labour Weekend driving warning
- Bird's eye view of Bay Oval
- $2500 grant for scouts
- Tourists robbed at McLaren Falls
- Erratic weather for some
- New exhibition a NZ first
- Traffic delays after city crash
- Matakana man rescued
- Mount search unsuccessful
- Last ride for smashed car
- Parents' plea for "precious boy" Jack
- Three-car crash on SH2
- Armed police cordon at Mount
- Cyclist swallowed by sink hole
- Murder conviction overturned
- Touting for a job
- Crash on Hewletts Rd flyover
- Early cyclone warning
- Convicted drug dealer sent down
- Accused pizza robber in custody
- Police warn of Spark scam
- Severe weather warning for EBOP
- Secret agent mum from Matua
November 2013 warmest on record
with John Maunder
During November 2013 Tauranga had its warmest November since records began in 1913.
Temperatures have been recorded in the Tauranga area at several sites in the last 100 years, including the current Tauranga Airport site from June 1990.
The graph shows details of the average daily maximum temperatures (called simply ‘afternoon') for Tauranga for Novembers from 1913-2013.
The long-term average afternoon temperature in November for Tauranga is 20.1 degrees Celsius, ranging from the cool November months of 1976 (18.4 degrees Celsius), and 1941 (18.5 degrees Celsius), to the warm November months of 2013 (22.3 degrees Celsius), and 1954 (22 degrees Celsius).
The graph of the average afternoon temperatures for November shows generally normal variations from November to November during the last 100 years, but of note are the three warm Novembers in the years 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2013.
The average November afternoon temperature during the 50 years from 1963 to 2011 of 20.1 degrees Celsius, is nearly the same as the 20 degrees Celsius recorded in the 50 years 1914 to 1961.
From 1913 to 2013, there have been 15 November months with an average afternoon temperature of 21 degrees Celsius or more, and seven November months with an average afternoon temperature of less than 19.0 degrees Celsius.
The seventh warmest November months (in terms of afternoon temperatures), on record, in chronological order, are 1945, 1954, 1961, 1982, 2010, 2011, and 2013.
By contrast, the seventh coolest November months (in terms of afternoon temperatures), on record, in chronological order, are 1918, 1930, 1946, 1968, 1976, 1991, and 1985.
For further details, see: https://sites.google.com/site/climatediceandthebutterfly/
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- A rash of curious ailments
- Tauranga: September Rainfalls 1898-2014
- Ailment of the week: Viking Finger
- UN Climate Summit 2014
- Promoting freedom of expression... and lingerie as projectiles
- Is Global Warming taking a break?
- MegaFatload: Control+Alt+Delete - Bring on the extradition
- Tauranga’s August average afternoon temperatures 1914-2014
- Driven mad in Tauranga
- Tauranga August rainfalls –1898-2014
- Gym etiquette - Outrageous uses for shared hair dryers
- 1816: The year without a summer
- Head-dress redress: A ban on all skirts
- Sunspots and the Maunder Minimum
- For fans of the yoghurt culture