- Steamers make Chiefs cut
- Plenty of action at Papamoa IRB Classic
- Maloney and Meech secure sailing victories
- Katikati A&P Show a success
- Caution around RMA changes
- Maori art exhibition 'popular'
- Slamming competition at the Mount
- Mount surge to the top
- Lucky ticket wins $500k
- Batting with the best
- Riding passenger in the Albatros
- Bay to cycle into February
- Man suffers reaction to insect stings
- What's on Today? Frocks on bikes
- Safety call for bells on bicycle
- Pedestrian killed on SH2
- Caravan crash blocks SH2
- Do you recognise this couple?
- ID process underway after SH2 death
- Man killed on SH2 named
- Man burnt in boat fire
- Human remains found on beach
- Students' quick response to cliff fall
- Trial for Ohauiti murder accused
- Swimming to change son’s life
- Falls hero speaks as TCC plan review
- Drowsiness behind caravan crash
- Woman suffers serious medical event
- Grieving family’s letter of thanks
- Kaimai Range driver warning
November 2013 warmest on record
with John Maunder
During November 2013 Tauranga had its warmest November since records began in 1913.
Temperatures have been recorded in the Tauranga area at several sites in the last 100 years, including the current Tauranga Airport site from June 1990.
The graph shows details of the average daily maximum temperatures (called simply ‘afternoon') for Tauranga for Novembers from 1913-2013.
The long-term average afternoon temperature in November for Tauranga is 20.1 degrees Celsius, ranging from the cool November months of 1976 (18.4 degrees Celsius), and 1941 (18.5 degrees Celsius), to the warm November months of 2013 (22.3 degrees Celsius), and 1954 (22 degrees Celsius).
The graph of the average afternoon temperatures for November shows generally normal variations from November to November during the last 100 years, but of note are the three warm Novembers in the years 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2013.
The average November afternoon temperature during the 50 years from 1963 to 2011 of 20.1 degrees Celsius, is nearly the same as the 20 degrees Celsius recorded in the 50 years 1914 to 1961.
From 1913 to 2013, there have been 15 November months with an average afternoon temperature of 21 degrees Celsius or more, and seven November months with an average afternoon temperature of less than 19.0 degrees Celsius.
The seventh warmest November months (in terms of afternoon temperatures), on record, in chronological order, are 1945, 1954, 1961, 1982, 2010, 2011, and 2013.
By contrast, the seventh coolest November months (in terms of afternoon temperatures), on record, in chronological order, are 1918, 1930, 1946, 1968, 1976, 1991, and 1985.
For further details, see: https://sites.google.com/site/climatediceandthebutterfly/
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- Global Average Tropospheric Temperatures: January 1979 – December 2014
- Spooky fashion trends for summer
- Tauranga Average Afternoon Temperatures: 1913-2014
- Looking forward to getting stuck in
- Holiday itches and jandal scandals
- Tauranga December Rainfalls 1914-2014
- Camping and the outdoors
- New Year’s resolutions we’d like to see
- Global Monthly Temperatures: January 1979 to October 2014
- In the bleak mid-winter
- Fabulous and Groovy Awards for 2014
- Crackers and crackpots
- Local radio? Yeah, right
- Lawns, wages and housing areas
- Council’s final week of 2014