- Name confusion over crash
- Port money rolling in
- A timely Mauao challenge
- Tauranga person denied bail
- Mt Drury gum tree to be removed
- Virus attacks council system
- Devoy land Commonwealth star
- Mum’s tenancy feud heats up
- BOP sailors head for the Med
- A boatload of boats
- Scattered showers to end the week
- New toll gantries unveiled
- UPDATED: Beach Hop roaring into life
- Ballance take responsibility
- Ban call on 'poor person's heater'
- Two people swept under bridge
- Papamoa punter wins $2M
- Firefighters paddle out to swimmers
- A-320 is a Tauranga first
- Ngauruhoe alert level raised
- Black lab reunited with owner
- Falls on Mount base track
- Neighbours lose sleep over school
- Painting sale scam warning
- Ship captain five times over limit
- Roundabout set for Te Puna
- Reward offered for stolen caravan
- Gull's pre-Easter price drop
- Firefighters for sale
- Timber thieves hit TEL
November 2013 warmest on record
with John Maunder
During November 2013 Tauranga had its warmest November since records began in 1913.
Temperatures have been recorded in the Tauranga area at several sites in the last 100 years, including the current Tauranga Airport site from June 1990.
The graph shows details of the average daily maximum temperatures (called simply ‘afternoon') for Tauranga for Novembers from 1913-2013.
The long-term average afternoon temperature in November for Tauranga is 20.1 degrees Celsius, ranging from the cool November months of 1976 (18.4 degrees Celsius), and 1941 (18.5 degrees Celsius), to the warm November months of 2013 (22.3 degrees Celsius), and 1954 (22 degrees Celsius).
The graph of the average afternoon temperatures for November shows generally normal variations from November to November during the last 100 years, but of note are the three warm Novembers in the years 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2013.
The average November afternoon temperature during the 50 years from 1963 to 2011 of 20.1 degrees Celsius, is nearly the same as the 20 degrees Celsius recorded in the 50 years 1914 to 1961.
From 1913 to 2013, there have been 15 November months with an average afternoon temperature of 21 degrees Celsius or more, and seven November months with an average afternoon temperature of less than 19.0 degrees Celsius.
The seventh warmest November months (in terms of afternoon temperatures), on record, in chronological order, are 1945, 1954, 1961, 1982, 2010, 2011, and 2013.
By contrast, the seventh coolest November months (in terms of afternoon temperatures), on record, in chronological order, are 1918, 1930, 1946, 1968, 1976, 1991, and 1985.
For further details, see: https://sites.google.com/site/climatediceandthebutterfly/
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- Ordinary Kiwis just doing the right thing
- World Meteorological Day... March 23
- Auntie Roger can answer it
- Sunspots and the Maunder Minimum: 2015 Update
- The scurvy scourge afloat
- Tauranga February Rainfalls: 1898-2015
- Crocheted shorts make big strides
- Tauranga: Average Afternoon Temperatures in February - 1915-2015
- Weird stuff we’ve seen lately
- Tauranga: Annual Average Afternoon Temperatures 1914-2014
- Future crusades for Gareth Morgan
- Tauranga Annual Rainfalls: 1898-2014
- After hours faxing
- Tauranga: Average Afternoon Temperatures - January 1915-2015
- Tauranga January Rainfalls: 1898-2015 - Third driest on record