- Man dies in Whakamarama crash
- Life sentence for Bay murder
- Fatal crash investigation continues
- Leanne sworn in as councillor
- Sevens stars return for US leg
- Lifesavers among Hilary scholarships
- Calling time on 30 years
- Tauranga eyed for further growth
- Strategy calls to be made
- Bay players push for selection
- $355M Defence Force contract awarded
- Rainy days ahead
- Communication changes to save $1M
- Gang member’s murder sentencing
- Trans-Tasman attack on fruit fly
- VIDEO: Four injured in serious crash
- Fatal Omokoroa, car v. truck
- Teens kidnapped at gunpoint
- VIDEO: Tornados rumble through the Bay
- Truck crash injures two
- Audio deal 'sounds too good'
- Fraser Cove store closing
- Strong quake near White Island
- Caravan theft caught on CCTV
- Fatal crash under investigation
- Fourth person dies after highway crash
- Man dies in Whakamarama crash
- Frenchman killed in crash named
- Kaimai crash: woman critical
- Rain brings down apartment ceilings
November 2013 warmest on record
with John Maunder
During November 2013 Tauranga had its warmest November since records began in 1913.
Temperatures have been recorded in the Tauranga area at several sites in the last 100 years, including the current Tauranga Airport site from June 1990.
The graph shows details of the average daily maximum temperatures (called simply ‘afternoon') for Tauranga for Novembers from 1913-2013.
The long-term average afternoon temperature in November for Tauranga is 20.1 degrees Celsius, ranging from the cool November months of 1976 (18.4 degrees Celsius), and 1941 (18.5 degrees Celsius), to the warm November months of 2013 (22.3 degrees Celsius), and 1954 (22 degrees Celsius).
The graph of the average afternoon temperatures for November shows generally normal variations from November to November during the last 100 years, but of note are the three warm Novembers in the years 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2013.
The average November afternoon temperature during the 50 years from 1963 to 2011 of 20.1 degrees Celsius, is nearly the same as the 20 degrees Celsius recorded in the 50 years 1914 to 1961.
From 1913 to 2013, there have been 15 November months with an average afternoon temperature of 21 degrees Celsius or more, and seven November months with an average afternoon temperature of less than 19.0 degrees Celsius.
The seventh warmest November months (in terms of afternoon temperatures), on record, in chronological order, are 1945, 1954, 1961, 1982, 2010, 2011, and 2013.
By contrast, the seventh coolest November months (in terms of afternoon temperatures), on record, in chronological order, are 1918, 1930, 1946, 1968, 1976, 1991, and 1985.
For further details, see: https://sites.google.com/site/climatediceandthebutterfly/
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- Tauranga: Average Afternoon Temperatures in February - 1915-2015
- Weird stuff we’ve seen lately
- Tauranga: Annual Average Afternoon Temperatures 1914-2014
- Future crusades for Gareth Morgan
- Tauranga Annual Rainfalls: 1898-2014
- After hours faxing
- Tauranga: Average Afternoon Temperatures - January 1915-2015
- Tauranga January Rainfalls: 1898-2015 - Third driest on record
- Rabbit quits... super-opinionated person takes over
- Global Average Tropospheric Temperatures: January 1979 – December 2014
- Spooky fashion trends for summer
- Tauranga Average Afternoon Temperatures: 1913-2014
- Looking forward to getting stuck in
- Holiday itches and jandal scandals
- Tauranga December Rainfalls 1914-2014