- Bay’s $591 transport package
- Close look at Tsunamis
- Extreme break just the ticket
- Rudd cleared to get pilots licence
- Stabbing accused behind bars
- Protection work receives strong support
- $26M cyclone recovery package
- Crash writes off beloved BMW
- Under 13s free GP visits
- Sick man airlifted to hospital
- Seaside writers win big
- Fire service submissions to close
- Mobil paying for mistakes
- Two developments fast-tracked
- Running for a good cause
- Living with Wilson’s disease
- Armed police operation in Pyes Pa
- Powerball player banks $24M
- Crash writes off beloved BMW
- Man charged with stabbing
- New Tauranga homes unveiled
- Bay of Plenty on gale watch
- Armed drug raid in Pyes Pa
- Hunt for trailer’s owners
- Tracey steps down after 11 years
- Scrub fire in Welcome Bay
- Unpredictable man wanted by police
- Gull cuts pump price by 10 cents
- Impressive haul at Polaris Big Four
- Power cut to 1200 properties
November 2013 warmest on record
with John Maunder
During November 2013 Tauranga had its warmest November since records began in 1913.
Temperatures have been recorded in the Tauranga area at several sites in the last 100 years, including the current Tauranga Airport site from June 1990.
The graph shows details of the average daily maximum temperatures (called simply ‘afternoon') for Tauranga for Novembers from 1913-2013.
The long-term average afternoon temperature in November for Tauranga is 20.1 degrees Celsius, ranging from the cool November months of 1976 (18.4 degrees Celsius), and 1941 (18.5 degrees Celsius), to the warm November months of 2013 (22.3 degrees Celsius), and 1954 (22 degrees Celsius).
The graph of the average afternoon temperatures for November shows generally normal variations from November to November during the last 100 years, but of note are the three warm Novembers in the years 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2013.
The average November afternoon temperature during the 50 years from 1963 to 2011 of 20.1 degrees Celsius, is nearly the same as the 20 degrees Celsius recorded in the 50 years 1914 to 1961.
From 1913 to 2013, there have been 15 November months with an average afternoon temperature of 21 degrees Celsius or more, and seven November months with an average afternoon temperature of less than 19.0 degrees Celsius.
The seventh warmest November months (in terms of afternoon temperatures), on record, in chronological order, are 1945, 1954, 1961, 1982, 2010, 2011, and 2013.
By contrast, the seventh coolest November months (in terms of afternoon temperatures), on record, in chronological order, are 1918, 1930, 1946, 1968, 1976, 1991, and 1985.
For further details, see: https://sites.google.com/site/climatediceandthebutterfly/
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- National Provincial Championships
- The year without a summer
- Relax and let it go - Because FartFed is right behind you
- A summer in winter
- Global monthly temperatures January 1979-April 2015
- The wacky walk downtown
- Tauranga’s May average afternoon temperatures 1913-2015
- Bike breakthrough
- Tauranga May Rainfalls 1898-2015
- Catchiest songs in the world
- Sunspots and Solar Cycle
- Performing seals and flag deals
- Global Monthly Temperatures January 1979 to April 2015
- The flag answer is crystal clear
- Global Average Temperatures of the Troposphere - 1970 to April 2015