- Speedway gets new promoter
- Injured Steamers make changes
- Major delays after Mount crash
- ‘Bogan besties’ eliminated first
- Fighting for 'miraculous' survival
- Vega still berthed at port
- Injured man’s identity sought
- Early voting begins today
- High hopes at AIMS Games
- Car smashes into power pole
- Sexual assault in Te Teko
- Hazardous chemical truck rolls on SH2
- Councillors’ action against Hager
- Bridges challenges wage policy
- Candidates discuss environment
- Young crash victim from Tauranga
- Dotcom exclusive interview
- Port death: victim named
- Police swarm Welcome Bay
- Time for a trade-in
- Super size me!
- Neighbours save artist’s home
- Collins resigns as minister
- Fiery warning for 'idiotic' trend
- Car lovers convoy for charity
- The art of politics
- Banned ship headed to port
- Complaint about port death
- Family welcome guilty verdicts
- ‘Tupperwaka’ proposal for The Strand
November 2013 warmest on record
with John Maunder
During November 2013 Tauranga had its warmest November since records began in 1913.
Temperatures have been recorded in the Tauranga area at several sites in the last 100 years, including the current Tauranga Airport site from June 1990.
The graph shows details of the average daily maximum temperatures (called simply ‘afternoon') for Tauranga for Novembers from 1913-2013.
The long-term average afternoon temperature in November for Tauranga is 20.1 degrees Celsius, ranging from the cool November months of 1976 (18.4 degrees Celsius), and 1941 (18.5 degrees Celsius), to the warm November months of 2013 (22.3 degrees Celsius), and 1954 (22 degrees Celsius).
The graph of the average afternoon temperatures for November shows generally normal variations from November to November during the last 100 years, but of note are the three warm Novembers in the years 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2013.
The average November afternoon temperature during the 50 years from 1963 to 2011 of 20.1 degrees Celsius, is nearly the same as the 20 degrees Celsius recorded in the 50 years 1914 to 1961.
From 1913 to 2013, there have been 15 November months with an average afternoon temperature of 21 degrees Celsius or more, and seven November months with an average afternoon temperature of less than 19.0 degrees Celsius.
The seventh warmest November months (in terms of afternoon temperatures), on record, in chronological order, are 1945, 1954, 1961, 1982, 2010, 2011, and 2013.
By contrast, the seventh coolest November months (in terms of afternoon temperatures), on record, in chronological order, are 1918, 1930, 1946, 1968, 1976, 1991, and 1985.
For further details, see: https://sites.google.com/site/climatediceandthebutterfly/
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- 1816: The year without a summer
- Head-dress redress: A ban on all skirts
- Sunspots and the Maunder Minimum
- For fans of the yoghurt culture
- How to bore NZ voters
- The deal doesn’t change our attitude
- Good news
- The Year Without a Summer
- The cutting edge of politics
- Polar ice: Less ice in Arctic, more in Antarctic
- Tauranga’s afternoon temperatures July 1913-2014
- Rocket science
- Climate change – have things changed?
- Why the chicken crossed the road
- Brisbane feels coldest morning in 103 years