- Spring flea early warning
- Carbon-neutral goal a step closer
- 'Sacred Journey' wins national award
- Tauranga unfazed by the 'Big Debate'
- ‘We won’t stop looking for Lucas'
- Accused burglar on the run
- Chase adopted after pursuit
- No more gift card expiry dates
- Drone captures stunning Orca footage
- Bay men convicted for ponga thefts
- Alleged sexual assault near hospital
- Police widen search for Lucas
- Student loan debt breaks $1B mark
- Morning police raid in Te Puke
- Stolen medals returned to soldier
- Flooding mayhem: Avoid travel
- SH2 re-opens after Apata crash
- Man drowned in swimming pool
- Morning police raid in Te Puke
- Papamoa Lotto player wins $1M
- Baby murder accused appears in court
- Takitimu Dr crash scene cleared
- Car plunges off Coromandel cliff
- Biggest ship due next month
- Crash sees highway closed
- Rail history moves to Tauranga
- Karangahake Gorge closed
- Rubbish spilled on Oropi Road
- Region on heavy rain watch
- Boat flips on Maketu Bar
November 2013 warmest on record
with John Maunder
During November 2013 Tauranga had its warmest November since records began in 1913.
Temperatures have been recorded in the Tauranga area at several sites in the last 100 years, including the current Tauranga Airport site from June 1990.
The graph shows details of the average daily maximum temperatures (called simply ‘afternoon') for Tauranga for Novembers from 1913-2013.
The long-term average afternoon temperature in November for Tauranga is 20.1 degrees Celsius, ranging from the cool November months of 1976 (18.4 degrees Celsius), and 1941 (18.5 degrees Celsius), to the warm November months of 2013 (22.3 degrees Celsius), and 1954 (22 degrees Celsius).
The graph of the average afternoon temperatures for November shows generally normal variations from November to November during the last 100 years, but of note are the three warm Novembers in the years 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2013.
The average November afternoon temperature during the 50 years from 1963 to 2011 of 20.1 degrees Celsius, is nearly the same as the 20 degrees Celsius recorded in the 50 years 1914 to 1961.
From 1913 to 2013, there have been 15 November months with an average afternoon temperature of 21 degrees Celsius or more, and seven November months with an average afternoon temperature of less than 19.0 degrees Celsius.
The seventh warmest November months (in terms of afternoon temperatures), on record, in chronological order, are 1945, 1954, 1961, 1982, 2010, 2011, and 2013.
By contrast, the seventh coolest November months (in terms of afternoon temperatures), on record, in chronological order, are 1918, 1930, 1946, 1968, 1976, 1991, and 1985.
For further details, see: https://sites.google.com/site/climatediceandthebutterfly/
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- El Niño and La Niña :The Southern Oscillation Index
- Time keeps on ticking
- The power is yours
- Global Average Temperatures of the Troposphere 1979 to August 2016
- Pete’s Dragon here in the Bay
- Triangulate this: Saturday night flare fever
- Tauranga August Average Afternoon Temperatures 1913-2016
- Important safety messages
- Tauranga August Rainfalls 1898-2016
- Cords, cords, and more cords!
- The Bermuda Triangle of cows and other mysterious happenings
- Global monthly temperatures
- It’s all fun and games… until someone gets campylobacter
- What lies beneath
- Global Average Temperatures of the Troposphere: January 1979 – July 2016