- $15K fine for illegal importing
- Son’s tribute to Dambuster hero
- Truck t-bones car in Te Puke
- Last remaining Dambuster dies
- Spinal first for rescue flight
- Alcohol a factor in hit-and-run
- Pioneering stevedore dies
- Hospital appeal launched
- EXCLUSIVE: John Key writes for SunLive
- Warning issued for heavy rain
- Search for missing teen continues
- Baypark to Bayfair on the agenda
- BOP wrestlers take to the mat
- Southerlies to drop temperatures
- Police officers beyond the uniform
- Cat causes citywide blackout
- Blackout in west of city
- Boulder could be behind fatal crash
- Fatal crash closes gorge
- Car crashes into Papamoa superette
- Car rolls on SH29
- Mount Hot Pools soak ‘n sound
- Schoolgirl allegedly held captive
- TEL tolls hit technical hitch
- Te Puke builder flown to hospital
- Woman seriously injured in SH2 crash
- Missing seven-year-old found
- Fatal truck crash investigated
- Rudd remanded on bail
- Driver trapped in Te Puke
November 2013 warmest on record
with John Maunder
During November 2013 Tauranga had its warmest November since records began in 1913.
Temperatures have been recorded in the Tauranga area at several sites in the last 100 years, including the current Tauranga Airport site from June 1990.
The graph shows details of the average daily maximum temperatures (called simply ‘afternoon') for Tauranga for Novembers from 1913-2013.
The long-term average afternoon temperature in November for Tauranga is 20.1 degrees Celsius, ranging from the cool November months of 1976 (18.4 degrees Celsius), and 1941 (18.5 degrees Celsius), to the warm November months of 2013 (22.3 degrees Celsius), and 1954 (22 degrees Celsius).
The graph of the average afternoon temperatures for November shows generally normal variations from November to November during the last 100 years, but of note are the three warm Novembers in the years 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2013.
The average November afternoon temperature during the 50 years from 1963 to 2011 of 20.1 degrees Celsius, is nearly the same as the 20 degrees Celsius recorded in the 50 years 1914 to 1961.
From 1913 to 2013, there have been 15 November months with an average afternoon temperature of 21 degrees Celsius or more, and seven November months with an average afternoon temperature of less than 19.0 degrees Celsius.
The seventh warmest November months (in terms of afternoon temperatures), on record, in chronological order, are 1945, 1954, 1961, 1982, 2010, 2011, and 2013.
By contrast, the seventh coolest November months (in terms of afternoon temperatures), on record, in chronological order, are 1918, 1930, 1946, 1968, 1976, 1991, and 1985.
For further details, see: https://sites.google.com/site/climatediceandthebutterfly/
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- Tauranga July Average Afternoon Temperatures 1913-2015
- WTF: What the flag…
- Arctic and Antarctic Sea Ice: Contrasting Data
- More startling scientific discoveries
- The Sun and the next 'Maunder Minimum' 2030-2040?
- Goofing around with the planets
- June Average Afternoon Temperatures 1913-2015
- Rubba dub, we’re sharing the tub
- Tauranga’s June rainfalls 1898-2015
- Second helping of pigeon pie
- National Provincial Championships
- The year without a summer
- Relax and let it go - Because FartFed is right behind you
- A summer in winter
- Global monthly temperatures January 1979-April 2015