- Export beef at record high
- Road open after truck fire SH29
- Accolades flow for Tauranga winery
- Iwi elder honoured with doctorate
- Arrest in 1080 infant formula case
- Update: Body found in hot pool
- Crash closes Pyes Pa Road
- Police appeal after cigarette thefts
- Lifeguards ready for ‘long hot summer’
- Poacher caught double dipping
- How to save on fuel bills
- Must-see list revealed
- Powerball and Strike jackpot
- Elina ushers in another title
- Stolen vehicle in police pursuit
- Boat crashes into cliff
- Appeal decision stuns Te Puna family
- Toll fee drives Tom away
- Bay boy killed in hunting incident
- Creepy Trade Me auctions revealed
- Man assaulted in Tauranga CBD
- Lucky escape from serious crash
- Woman critically injured in crash
- Mystery of lost Tauranga cat
- Bay divers lose their boat
- Update: Body found in hot pool
- Girl found unconscious
- Biker hospitalised in summit crash
- Large asteroid close to Earth
- Cows starved to death
June 2013 temperatures
The graph shows details of the average daily maximum temperatures (called simply "afternoon" from now on), for Tauranga for June from 1913-2012.
(Note that June 1964 is not included because of incomplete data)
Temperatures have been recorded in the Tauranga area at several sites over the last 100 years including the current Tauranga Airport site from June 1990.
The long-term average afternoon temperature in June for Tauranga is 14.7 degrees C, ranging from the "cool" June months of 1972 (13.0 degrees C), 1936 (13.2 degrees C), and 1933 (13.3 degrees C), to the "warm" June months of 1916, and 2011 (16.6 degrees C), 2002 and 2003 (16.5 degrees C).
The graph of the average afternoon temperatures for June shows generally "normal" variations from June to June over the last 100 years, but many of the last 15 June months since 1996 have been a little "warmer" than other June months since 1913.
From 1913 to 2012, there have been 13 June months with an average afternoon temperature of 15.6 degrees C or more, and 12 June months with an average afternoon temperature of less than 13.9 degrees C. The value for June 2013 was 15.5degrees C.
The eighth "warmest" June months (in terms of afternoon temperatures) on record, in chronological order, are 1916, 1971,1981, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2011.
By contrast, the seventh "coolest" June months (in terms of afternoon temperatures) on record, in chronological order, are 1933,1936,1941,1944,1969,1972,1976.
The average afternoon temperature in June during the period 1914-1962 was 14.7 degrees, compared with 14.8 degrees from 1963 to 2011.
For further information log onto https://sites.google.com/site/climatediceandthebutterfly/ and for a complete list of my WeatherEyes see: https://sites.google.com/site/theweatherclimateeye/ ,and for my new web site on “Maunders Future Climate” see https://sites.google.com/site/maundersfutureclimate/
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- September Afternoon Temperatures 1914-2013
- Tauranga: September rainfalls 1898-2013
- Where to find weathereye
- August afternoon temperatures
- Tauranga August Rainfalls 1898-2013
- Climate extremes in NZ
- Throwing the weather dice
- July afternoon temperatures
- Weather eye
- June 2013 temperatures
- May rainfalls 1898 - 2013
- Sunspots and the Maunder butterfly
- Dad and daughter