- Fire guts Whakatane classroom
- Canning our bad behaviour
- Precious metals make sweet harmonies
- Free eye exams for Kiwis under 16
- Starship’s new ride
- Taxing workout for James nets $2K
- Teams' 'old fashioned' battle
- Squash champs, finalists decided
- Hundreds of swimmers meet
- Kaimai crash partially blocks road
- System 'manipulation' of NCEA
- Lotto player wins $500K
- Club rugby results: week 16
- Kiwi paddlers make slalom semis
- What's on Today? A Hairy birthday
- Crash writes off beloved BMW
- Axe attack kills man
- Crash seriously injures passenger
- Steady decline in Downtown?
- Grumbling bellies and bylaws
- New Tauranga homes unveiled
- Police raid Maungatapu property
- P-lab bust in Te Puna
- Rudd cleared to get pilots licence
- Rescuer hailed a hero
- Bay of Plenty on gale watch
- Lotto player wins $500K
- Solving commuter frustrations
- NZ’s most disliked drivers
- Saying goodbye to a speedway legend
June 2013 temperatures
The graph shows details of the average daily maximum temperatures (called simply "afternoon" from now on), for Tauranga for June from 1913-2012.
(Note that June 1964 is not included because of incomplete data)
Temperatures have been recorded in the Tauranga area at several sites over the last 100 years including the current Tauranga Airport site from June 1990.
The long-term average afternoon temperature in June for Tauranga is 14.7 degrees C, ranging from the "cool" June months of 1972 (13.0 degrees C), 1936 (13.2 degrees C), and 1933 (13.3 degrees C), to the "warm" June months of 1916, and 2011 (16.6 degrees C), 2002 and 2003 (16.5 degrees C).
The graph of the average afternoon temperatures for June shows generally "normal" variations from June to June over the last 100 years, but many of the last 15 June months since 1996 have been a little "warmer" than other June months since 1913.
From 1913 to 2012, there have been 13 June months with an average afternoon temperature of 15.6 degrees C or more, and 12 June months with an average afternoon temperature of less than 13.9 degrees C. The value for June 2013 was 15.5degrees C.
The eighth "warmest" June months (in terms of afternoon temperatures) on record, in chronological order, are 1916, 1971,1981, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2011.
By contrast, the seventh "coolest" June months (in terms of afternoon temperatures) on record, in chronological order, are 1933,1936,1941,1944,1969,1972,1976.
The average afternoon temperature in June during the period 1914-1962 was 14.7 degrees, compared with 14.8 degrees from 1963 to 2011.
For further information log onto https://sites.google.com/site/climatediceandthebutterfly/ and for a complete list of my WeatherEyes see: https://sites.google.com/site/theweatherclimateeye/ ,and for my new web site on “Maunders Future Climate” see https://sites.google.com/site/maundersfutureclimate/
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- September Afternoon Temperatures 1914-2013
- Tauranga: September rainfalls 1898-2013
- Where to find weathereye
- August afternoon temperatures
- Tauranga August Rainfalls 1898-2013
- Climate extremes in NZ
- Throwing the weather dice
- July afternoon temperatures
- Weather eye
- June 2013 temperatures
- May rainfalls 1898 - 2013
- Sunspots and the Maunder butterfly
- Dad and daughter