- Sex attack accused on bail
- Mob member’s bail denied
- Revival in rural sales
- Independent party’s official launch
- Waihi farmers showcase dairying
- Chase pair to stay in jail
- Tech cracks egg dipping record
- Kindy devastated by fire
- Bay farmers send feed to Northland
- AC/DC's Rudd releases solo album
- Illegal rubbish dumping ‘common’
- Egg dipping world record underway
- Maungatapu pair in court today
- Man falls from horse
- Snow on Kaimai Ranges
- Snow on Kaimai Ranges
- Trucks crash near Papamoa
- Man dies in Greerton carpark
- Police chase man in Maungatapu
- Car crash south of Te Puke
- Ticketed over wrong WOF rule
- Call for MP to act on report
- Glass sparks antibiotic recall
- Flyers remain with Malaysia
- Mass rubbish dump disgusts
- Suspected electrics in Mount fire
- Car destroyed by blaze
- School holiday win for punter
- Winner wakes to $1.5m
- Truck stalls traffic on Takitimu
June 2013 temperatures
The graph shows details of the average daily maximum temperatures (called simply "afternoon" from now on), for Tauranga for June from 1913-2012.
(Note that June 1964 is not included because of incomplete data)
Temperatures have been recorded in the Tauranga area at several sites over the last 100 years including the current Tauranga Airport site from June 1990.
The long-term average afternoon temperature in June for Tauranga is 14.7 degrees C, ranging from the "cool" June months of 1972 (13.0 degrees C), 1936 (13.2 degrees C), and 1933 (13.3 degrees C), to the "warm" June months of 1916, and 2011 (16.6 degrees C), 2002 and 2003 (16.5 degrees C).
The graph of the average afternoon temperatures for June shows generally "normal" variations from June to June over the last 100 years, but many of the last 15 June months since 1996 have been a little "warmer" than other June months since 1913.
From 1913 to 2012, there have been 13 June months with an average afternoon temperature of 15.6 degrees C or more, and 12 June months with an average afternoon temperature of less than 13.9 degrees C. The value for June 2013 was 15.5degrees C.
The eighth "warmest" June months (in terms of afternoon temperatures) on record, in chronological order, are 1916, 1971,1981, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2011.
By contrast, the seventh "coolest" June months (in terms of afternoon temperatures) on record, in chronological order, are 1933,1936,1941,1944,1969,1972,1976.
The average afternoon temperature in June during the period 1914-1962 was 14.7 degrees, compared with 14.8 degrees from 1963 to 2011.
For further information log onto https://sites.google.com/site/climatediceandthebutterfly/ and for a complete list of my WeatherEyes see: https://sites.google.com/site/theweatherclimateeye/ ,and for my new web site on “Maunders Future Climate” see https://sites.google.com/site/maundersfutureclimate/
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- September Afternoon Temperatures 1914-2013
- Tauranga: September rainfalls 1898-2013
- Where to find weathereye
- August afternoon temperatures
- Tauranga August Rainfalls 1898-2013
- Climate extremes in NZ
- Throwing the weather dice
- July afternoon temperatures
- Weather eye
- June 2013 temperatures
- May rainfalls 1898 - 2013
- Sunspots and the Maunder butterfly
- Dad and daughter