- Car rolled in Aongatete
- Hello Sailor cancel national tour
- Classic funeral for Dambuster
- Vessels breach fishing laws
- Rena recovery plan complete
- Dinosaur theory up for debate
- Handcuffed man dies in Te Puke
- Keeping victims safe
- Te Puke Highway handover
- Judge slams Fonterra managers
- Bar robbed in Rotorua
- Affco to strike next week
- Kiwis feeling less safe in NZ
- International acts head for Tauranga
- Car sought in alleged kidnapping
- Cat causes citywide blackout
- Boulder could be behind fatal crash
- Fatal crash closes gorge
- Handcuffed man dies in Te Puke
- Car crashes into Papamoa superette
- Car rolls on SH29
- TEL tolls hit technical hitch
- Schoolgirl allegedly held captive
- Truck t-bones car in Te Puke
- Te Puke builder flown to hospital
- Missing seven-year-old found
- Rudd remanded on bail
- Warning issued for heavy rain
- Driver trapped in Te Puke
- Baypark to Bayfair on the agenda
June 2013 temperatures
The graph shows details of the average daily maximum temperatures (called simply "afternoon" from now on), for Tauranga for June from 1913-2012.
(Note that June 1964 is not included because of incomplete data)
Temperatures have been recorded in the Tauranga area at several sites over the last 100 years including the current Tauranga Airport site from June 1990.
The long-term average afternoon temperature in June for Tauranga is 14.7 degrees C, ranging from the "cool" June months of 1972 (13.0 degrees C), 1936 (13.2 degrees C), and 1933 (13.3 degrees C), to the "warm" June months of 1916, and 2011 (16.6 degrees C), 2002 and 2003 (16.5 degrees C).
The graph of the average afternoon temperatures for June shows generally "normal" variations from June to June over the last 100 years, but many of the last 15 June months since 1996 have been a little "warmer" than other June months since 1913.
From 1913 to 2012, there have been 13 June months with an average afternoon temperature of 15.6 degrees C or more, and 12 June months with an average afternoon temperature of less than 13.9 degrees C. The value for June 2013 was 15.5degrees C.
The eighth "warmest" June months (in terms of afternoon temperatures) on record, in chronological order, are 1916, 1971,1981, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2011.
By contrast, the seventh "coolest" June months (in terms of afternoon temperatures) on record, in chronological order, are 1933,1936,1941,1944,1969,1972,1976.
The average afternoon temperature in June during the period 1914-1962 was 14.7 degrees, compared with 14.8 degrees from 1963 to 2011.
For further information log onto https://sites.google.com/site/climatediceandthebutterfly/ and for a complete list of my WeatherEyes see: https://sites.google.com/site/theweatherclimateeye/ ,and for my new web site on “Maunders Future Climate” see https://sites.google.com/site/maundersfutureclimate/
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- September Afternoon Temperatures 1914-2013
- Tauranga: September rainfalls 1898-2013
- Where to find weathereye
- August afternoon temperatures
- Tauranga August Rainfalls 1898-2013
- Climate extremes in NZ
- Throwing the weather dice
- July afternoon temperatures
- Weather eye
- June 2013 temperatures
- May rainfalls 1898 - 2013
- Sunspots and the Maunder butterfly
- Dad and daughter