- White ferns whitewash
- Western Bay’s legal ace
- One dead in Te Puke crash
- Crash on SH 2 Te Puke
- Train project running on time
- Horan backs party’s ability
- Safer school travelling
- Costly tantrum for rocker
- Thoughts on dog attacks
- Boaties blamed for search
- Broken ankle on The Goat run
- What’s on Today? Women’s T20
- Marvelling at marine science
- No plea from alleged attacker
- Cruisers’ city shuttle success
- Quad bike death in Welcome Bay
- Home invasion at Papamoa
- Phil Rudd in court
- Traffic flowing after crash
- Hairini underpass a go
- Dog attack decision stuns father
- Car avoids horse before crash
- Paedophile on 10-year watch
- Rena piece awaiting lift
- Man arrested after police chase
- Surprise centenary baby born
- Labour vows to remove Rena
- Girl mauled by four dogs
- Girl bitten 100 times
- Rudd cleared on CAA charge
Plunge pool saves fish
Ady & Flo
Banned from the fishpond, the boss has devised a clever plan to keep me and my friends cool during the summer – without beating up on the long suffering goldfish.
He got us a dog pool. Not just a muddy hole in the ground, but a nifty plastic thing from our good friends at Payless Plastics. They said they've sold a good number to the owners of dogs, looking for a cooling dip on hot summer days.
Under the shady pohutukawa, the dog pool is filled with water and when we come home panting from our big runs, we jump straight in. The boss changes the water every week, using it to water Mrs Boss' vege garden. By then, it's got a few added nutrients from muddy, sandy mutts that have been crashing through it all week.
Thanks boss. Now could you just consider a waterslide, bumper boats and maybe a wind-up plastic duck?
That's it for this week folks. Take care out there, keep your mutts cool and, if you're going any deeper than a great dane's kneecap, wear your lifejackets.
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- Wrecks, racers, routes and royals
- Understanding the inner workings of a dog
- Tauranga’s February rainfalls 1898-2014
- Fishy business
- Venice of the Pacific?
- Global temperatures 1880-2013 – are we really getting warmer?
- Magic summer medley
- The highway to debt freedom
- Turbulence swirls around airborne bikinis
- Managing ‘at risk’ students
- Solar a no-brainer
- Essential Infrastructure
- Tattletale to tour Tauranga
- Tauranga’s January average daily temperatures 1914-2014
- How to work ‘bikini’ into a headline