- Your thoughts on online GST
- ‘It’s not an old man’s disease
- Fashionable sale raises funds
- Rain spreading across country
- Museum delay costly
- Hockey skills on display
- Hunt for Bay's stylish spec-wearer
- Tauranga road closures and delays
- Kieran’s lifting his game
- Papamoa’s champion year
- Car flips near Katikati
- Steamers ready for Waikato clash
- What’s on Today?
- Remembering Hurricane Katrina
- Roundabout forest to go
- Tauranga man found dead in hotel
- Three car crash on Cameron Road
- Ram-raiders take ATM
- Five netted in meth sting
- Suspicious package found in Greerton
- Gas leak closes Waihi Road
- Crash blocks road near Oropi
- Tauranga MPs clash over TEL
- Delays at Maungatapu
- 'Brazen' thieves target tradesmen
- Police seek shooting witnesses
- Roundabout forest to go
- Synthetic drug retailer jailed
- Crash victim grateful for life
- Tattoos show support
The return of the swamp thing
Ady & Flo
Uncle's been watching a few horror movies lately, but nothing could prepare him for The Return of the Swamp Thing.
Nor was there any warning to the goldfish in the pond, either, for the thrashing they got from The Swamp Thing.
Hot summer nights, the need to cool off, combined with a wayward ball ending up in the pond, and whammo, the Brown Bomber makes a spectacular splashdown, mid-pond. Could it get any worse?
Well yes, because every now and then, a mate arrives and we go in tandem. Save water, swim with a friend. There's only one thing better than a dog in a fish pond – two dogs in a fish pond.
Shame about the liner getting holed and the water draining out. The fish will need emergency housing while the pond is rebuilt. The boss is looking for some stronger options than the plastic liner, which appears not to be Labrador-resistant. Never mind, the tide comes in every day and me and Ady are enjoying the long balmy afternoons beachside. Or in her case, barmy.
Next week: How the boss kept me out of the fishpond. ‘Til then, look after your animals, don't leave them in the hot car and take care out there. Send us your holiday pooch pictures!
- Flo and Ady.
Post a CommentYou must be logged in to make a comment.
- Springing into action – ’tis the season for absurdity
- Global Average Temperatures of the Troposphere 1979 to July 2015
- Tackling the curly questions
- Meteorology and Philately
- Beware of the morons out there - some are hogging the fast lane
- Tauranga July Rainfalls 1898-2015
- Prospect of 10-year-olds running the world...
- Tauranga July Average Afternoon Temperatures 1913-2015
- WTF: What the flag…
- Arctic and Antarctic Sea Ice: Contrasting Data
- More startling scientific discoveries
- The Sun and the next 'Maunder Minimum' 2030-2040?
- Goofing around with the planets
- June Average Afternoon Temperatures 1913-2015
- Rubba dub, we’re sharing the tub